I am a Human Resources professional (MCIPD), with over 15 years’ experience spanning HR consultancy, operational HR and change management. Having worked in HR for a wide range of companies, as well as spending five years as a management consultant, I have first-hand knowledge of a number of sectors, including IT, Banking, FMCGs, Professional Services and the public sector.
I was awarded ‘HR Professional of the Year’ in 2017 by the Kent branch of the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development. In addition, The People and Project Consultancy was a finalist in the ‘HR Consultancy of the Year’ category.
15 years’ HR experience
My HR experience is wide-ranging. I have designed and implemented performance management systems on a UK and global basis, developed HR policies and handbooks, designed and delivered numerous training courses, developed new organisation structures and role descriptions, implemented flexible benefits, developed flexible working policies and practices, worked with clients to improve their business processes.
Skilled in working with SMEs
As a small or medium sized company, you don’t have the luxury of the same HR budgets as a large corporate company. Yet you still need to attract, retain and motivate your people, in order to ensure your business success.
Through the knowledge and experience that I have gained in UK corporates and global organisations, I am able to deliver world-class, best practice HR solutions ‘right-sized’ for SMEs. This enables you to remain flexible, fleet-footed and cost-conscious, whilst doing the best for your people and therefore your business. Examples of previous work with clients includes:
- Full package of HR consultancy to support a growing restaurant chain, including organisation structure design and job descriptions, developing company values, providing recruitment and induction checklists, and designing performance measures, as well as recruiting staff.
- Working with the management team of a small digital agency to identify ways in which they could enhance their employer brand, reward and motivate staff more effectively, and drive performance.
- Development of staff handbook and contracts for an international jewellery design company.
- Practical recruitment support and development of pay and bonus principles for a property development company.
- Advice to various clients on dealing with performance issues and redundancy situations, including settlement agreements.
Track record in delivering projects to time and budget
I have a strong track record in delivering results at speed and managing projects to time and budget. I was accredited as a PRINCE2 Practitioner in 2006.
Adept in managing change
Typically, the work that I have done has brought about change in the organisation. I work closely with clients to develop communication materials to tell employees about these changes, and in designing approaches to manage the change, ensuring minimal disruption to the business.